- Women in Tech is without doubt one of the oldest and most profitable nonprofits in gender equality and DEI with present membership of 130,000+ girls and allies in 38 nations
- International headquarters strikes from Silicon Valley to Nashville consistent with tech business’s fast shift from Bay Space and New York workplaces to a piece from anyplace mannequin
- Women in Tech’s annual convention and fifteenth anniversary celebration set for Nashville on Sept. 7
NASHVILLE, Tenn., Aug. 31, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Women in Tech, a world nonprofit working to erase the gender hole in tech, as we speak introduced that it has moved its international headquarters from Silicon Valley to Nashville. The group was drawn to the fast-growing tech hub’s geographical, governmental, financial and social belongings that proceed to attract large tech corporations and a robust expertise pool.
Based in 2007, Women in Tech has grown into a world chief within the gender equality motion with a membership of 130,000+ girls and allies in 50 cities, 38 nations and 6 continents. Alongside the best way, it has grow to be one of the vital distinguished voices in selling variety, equality and inclusion (DEI) in tech and the enterprise world as extra than simply one thing to do as a result of it is proper, however as a result of it additionally drives innovation and enhances an organization’s bottom-line.
The group will have a good time its fifteenth anniversary subsequent week in Nashville at its first annual convention for the reason that pandemic’s onset. The Sept. seventh convention encompasses a dynamic number of audio system with inspiring tales and sensible insights to share, together with:
- Jill Anderson, Principal, Expertise Software program Infrastructure at Edward Jones
- Alvina Antar, Chief Info Officer at Okta
- Debika Bhattacharya, Chief Product Officer at Verizon Enterprise
- Latrise Brissett, Managing Director, International IT, Enterprise Operations at Accenture
- Ruth Davis, Director of Name for Code, Worldwide Ecosystems at IBM
- Wendy Harrington, Government Vice President, CIO of OCOO & Company Expertise at TIAA
- Louise McEvoy, Vice President, US Channel Gross sales at Development Micro
- Heather Mickman, Chief Info Officer at Hole Inc.
- Rachel V. Smith, Vice President, Strategic Execution & Transformation at McKesson
Nashville Mayor John Cooper will open the convention with welcome remarks.
“Nashville is proud to be the brand new residence of Women in Tech,” mentioned Mayor John Cooper. “There is no such thing as a extra vital job than getting ready our younger individuals for the roles of the longer term — and doing so in a means that prioritizes fairness and inclusion for all. What a incredible alternative for Nashville to have a corporation doing this type of significant work in our yard.”
“After I began Women in Tech, I by no means would have imagined we might mark our fifteenth anniversary by transferring to the south, however a lot has modified in tech and society. We have acquired such a heat welcome from the Mayor and the Nashville enterprise group, and it looks like the proper place for us as tech evolves away from the ivory towers of San Francisco and right into a extra numerous world,” mentioned Adriana Gascoigne, Founder and CEO, Women in Tech.
Restricted tickets can be found. A full agenda and registration particulars for the convention may be discovered right here.
About Women in Tech
Women in Tech is a world non-profit that works to erase the gender hole in tech. As we speak, each business is a tech business, with a necessity for individuals of all expertise and backgrounds. We provide schooling and experiences to assist individuals uncover their distinctive superpower and hone it. We intention to see each individual accepted, assured, and valued in tech—simply as they’re.
For extra info, go to www.GirlsInTech.org or comply with on Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
SOURCE Women in Tech
Leave a Reply